By viewing this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and understand the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer. Unicus Tax Specialists SA shall take all reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information of Data Subjects in our care.
For the purpose of this disclaimer “Personal Information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts
According to these definitions, personal information refers to information that relates specifically to information that can identify a living person, such as name, age, gender, identity number, email address etc.
About Our Company
Information collected by Unicus Tax
For a better experience, while using our website, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, email address, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.We collect and process other personal information mainly for the purpose of conducting a requested service.We process information provided directly from you or from an authorised third party. We will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. Information provided to us via any website-generated form is considered as consent provided from you for Unicus Tax to process your information.Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
What Unicus Tax uses your information for
Unicus Tax will use personal information only for the purposes for which it is was collected and authorised by you. We are obligated by law to retain your information for a set amount of time.In line with the 8 Conditions for Lawful Procession of Personal Information as set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act no 4 of 2013 (the Act), we:
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your personal information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake to collect and process only such personal information which is necessary given the purpose for which it is processed and to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act. We will at all times respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information;
- Undertake to only use your personal information for the purpose for which the information is essential to enable us to assist you or provide solutions to you;
- Undertake not to share or further process your personal information with anyone or for any reason if not required for assisting you with your solutions or as required in terms of legislation or regulations;
- Undertake to take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that information is complete, accurate, not misleading and, where necessary, is updated;
- Undertake to be open and transparent on the nature, extent and reasons for processing personal information;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your personal information in our possession;
- Undertake to freely confirm what personal information we hold of you, to update and rectify the Personal Information upon request and to keep it for no longer than required.
Security of your personal information
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and try and to stop unauthorized access to that personal information. We confirm to continue to review our security control and related processes and procedures to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that Your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Amendments to your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require proof of identity and/or authority before making changes to personal information we may hold of you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate and up to date.Please contact us at [email protected] to update, correct, or delete your personal information.Alternatively, you can contact us on the numbers/addresses listed under the contact us section of our website.Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact your relevant Unicus Tax Information Officer first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Website: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/Tel: 012 406 4818Email: [email protected]